I was born in 1980 in a beautiful Slovenian city called Maribor. At the age of twelve I saw the movie “Terminator II” and the soundtrack of Guns N' Roses “You Could Be Mine” totally impressed me. That is how my carrer as a drummer began in 1991.
After finishing primary school I enrolled in secondary school of economics and continued my studies at the Faculty of Economics in Maribor. I graduated in 2005 and continued a year of study at the Faculty of Education.
But several years my life is running significantly far away from formal education. It has all began in 1991, when I first grabbed drumsticks. Since then, music has become an important part of my life and even my profession.
In the 20 years of drumming I have performed more than 1000 times and teached more than 300 drummers individually. I played with a lot of Slovenian musicians, such as: Ditka Haberl, Tinkara Kovač, Siddharta, Jan Plestenjak, Big Foot Mama, Mi2, Kingston, Čudežna Polja, Zmelkoow, Tide, Bohem, Billysi, Dweal, Last Day Here, Tabu, Alya, Gušti, Happy Ol' Mcweasel, Orkester Pošte Slovenije and others.
I also collaborated with foreign musicians at the music festivals abroad: Faith No More, Motorhead, The Chemical Brothers, Anthrax, Sepultura, Soulfly, Ska-p, Manic Street Preachers etc.
- 1991: my beginning of drumming and enrollment in elementary music school
- 1992-1999: I acquire knowledge in the private drum lessons, seminars and clinics
- 1993: I join my first music bands and start performing
- 1997: I start voluntary teaching
- 2000-2003: I play drums in the Pošta Slovenije Orchestra
- 2003-2012: I start with drumming seminars
- 2005: I become an official endorser of Japanese brand TAMA Drums
- 2005: I graduate from the Faculty of Economics. My title of the thesis: Logistical aspects of purchasing the drums from Japan
- 2005: I start to teach drumming in High schools as an interest subject for pupils
- 2006: I start to teach in a private music school B.A.S.E. in Maribor
- 2007: I become a drummer in my current band Elvis Jackson
- 2009: I record my first DVD - first Slovenian drumming video school
- 2009: Elvis Jackson records the album Against The Gravity, which has received positive reviews abroad
- 2012: I become an official endorser of Canadian brand Sabian cymbals
- 2013: I start to teach in a private music school Muziklub
- 2013: Me and my drumming colleagues make the biggest drumming photo in Slovenia
- 2013: Japanese brand TAMA Drums makes a signature model of drumsticks Marko Soršak - Soki
- 2014: I record a documentary DVD in the honor of my 20th anniversary of drumming. It’s a benefit project for primary schools. I donate musical instruments